Employment: Sales Manager
Responsible for handling customer inquiries, walk-ins, and lead referrals. Solicit new and foster existing business. Coordinate the making of and details for events via a Banquet Event Order (BEO). Clear communication with operations team. Knowledge, management and promotion of all products and services of Riverhouse Catering. Ongoing learning regarding product. Support staff development in training of company standards and product. Fiscally responsible management of inventory and labor assets. Fully engaged support of Riverhouse Catering sales, operations and culinary staff.
The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station, Inc. is an affirmative-action, equal opportunity employer.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Develop direct sales plan within assigned market. This to include development of sales programs to solicit business through direct sales i.e., outside sales call program, telephone solicitation and direct mail/promotional efforts.
- Negotiate profitable client commitments for Riverhouse Catering. When negotiating outside, agreed upon parameters, approval from General Manager should be obtained.
- Handle event bookings, inquiries and follow-up. This would include customer phone contact, walk-ins, scheduled appointments, obtaining client’s requirements, such as meeting details (i.e. space requirements, food service, and decorations, etc.).Send out confirmations to verify a definite booking and obtain signatures.
- Keep existing business monitored and satisfied. Be responsible for customer satisfaction through pre- and post evaluations with guests.
- Operate Caterease, the booking software, and be knowledgeable of its functions once trained. Complete detailed BEOs for the operations staff.
- Attend weekly BEO meetings to inform the staff of upcoming events in the area, new promotions, what types of groups will be in the facility, and assist in forecasting sales.
- Foster and develop good working relationships with the area’s competitors.
- Maintain filing system and account file information as well as accurate records for sales activities and results.
- Schedule & contribute to Riverhouse Catering’s social media platforms, mainly Instagram and Facebook
- Support the company’s wedding sales teams in the planning and execution of the annual CT Bridal Expo, typically held in January of each year at the CT Convention Center in Hartford, CT
- Outreach to photographers to obtain photos of events Riverhouse Catering has serviced for print and online use
- Making outreach to former clients to discuss their experience, and working with them on their “real event stories” to be published on the Riverhouse Catering blog
- Marketing input to upper management on current trends and ideas, or new marketing opportunities
- Organize customer appreciation parties, open houses, Chamber of Commerce events and sales blitzes when appropriate in assigned market.
- Represent The Riverhouse in the community through affiliation with professional business organizations.
- Be familiar with exclusive and preferred venues where Riverhouse Catering caters.
- Initiating and managing subcontracted services such as event rentals, florals, audio visual add-ons, etc. as needed.
- Serve as a liaison & advisor during a function to minimize confusion and resolve problems such as space adjustment and need for additional equipment that happen outside the details of the published BEO.
- Serve as the Banquet Manager on occasion to fill in when the Banquet Manager is unavailable, i.e. vacation, illness, etc.
- Set up direct bill accounts, be responsible for billing and collection of direct bill accounts. Review aging report weekly and make collection calls when necessary.
- With the General Manager, review rebates/misc. charges from accounts receivable and direct bills on a weekly basis and review write-offs on a quarterly basis.
- Attend detail meetings and final meetings with clients leading up to events
- Must be able to respond to emergencies at any time of the day in a timely fashion (within one hour of being notified).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be able to move items weighing up to 30lbs.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must have at least 2 years of related experience